Friday, April 3, 2009

Farewell to My Baby and Winter...Hello to My Toddler and Spring

I've been so busy lately and I've been really bad about keeping up with my blog. Wyatt's first birthday was March 11th and then Joe's 30th birthday was the 26th and I planned parties for both, and Joe's was a surprise....so needless to say...busy. Anways, the parties are over and I feel like I can relax a bit. We have been having so much fun enjoying the spring or at least the days it feels like spring. For Wyatt's birthday, he received several outside toys to keep him busy including a wagon, water table, swingset with sandbox, and a lawnmower. Joe and I got him the swingset because he used to like to swing, but lately he's obsessed with the slide...climbing up and sliding down. We've enjoyed playing with all of them. Here are some pictures to prove it.




I can't even explain how much my little man has grown up over the past few weeks...he is a full fledged toddler. I'm going to use this post to log his accomplishments so you all can see what he is up to and so that I can remember because I've been bad about record keeping lately as well. He is still crawling when he wants to get somewhere fast but he is starting to walk more than crawling now. He is signing more, milk, all done and eat. I pretty much gave up on the signing because he never seemed to get it and he could get the words out well enough but all the sudden he just started signing all of them. It's amazing how their little brains store information for future use. He is talking up a storm and repeats what we say. He says uh-oh, no, more, bath, book, bye, ma ma, da da, dog, daisy, Mandy, thank you, Amanda, papa and ball(I can't forget ball-that is his favorite word). He sings ee i ee i oh and la la la(the Elmo song). He puts his hands up for so big and touchdown and he gives five. He knows his ears, teeth and bellybutton and can usally point to someone else's nose. We are working on other body parts. He weighs 25 pounds and is 31 inches and is in the 75th percentile for both and is climbing all over the place. He loves to climb in things and climb on things.


He has going up the stairs mastered and we are working on doing down.
I miss my little baby but I love having a toddler. He is so much fun, and I cherish each and every minute I get to spend with him. I try to remember when I'm rocking him to sleep and he's crying or when he's following me around saying ma ma and just wanting to be held that one day I'm not going to be able to rock him or one day he's not going to want me to hold him. He had a really fun month. He enjoyed many days outside and got to play with good friends. Here are a few diaper shots of Wyatt, Sophie and Blake before we got their jammies on them. And here are a few of him and Dani at the park. If you look closely you can see they have cell phones. Wyatt loves cell phones. He has his own but he always wants Mommy's. You would think I should learn my lesson after he threw my cell phone in the toilet but I still let him play with it. He loves to put the phone up to his ear and say hi/hello. He is obsessed with pushing the buttons on our answering machine as well. Any button, light switch, cord, you name it...I wonder when that ends. I had to duct tape the toilet closed today while I took a shower cause that kid is into everything. This has been a random post....sorry. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a great post!! You have a toddler!!! I remember so much that 14th month being such a jump for Mason. You will still have a lover and hugger for awhile, but it sure does go fast! He is so cute and such a smartie!! Gotta wonder about that baby plus! Great vocab! I'm so jealous of those Sophie, Blake and Wyatt pics, I want Marlee to be in them too!! And Mason to be ordering them all around! LOL!!! Love it!
Love you guys!