Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Rough Couple of Days

The past few days have been a little rough for all of us, Wyatt especially. Wyatt had the flu all weekend. Monday he still wasn't keeping much down so I had to take him to the emergency room so he could get some iv fluids. It was so sad to see them put an iv in him, and he didn't like it very much. He was definitely a trooper though and all the nurses loved him. He was mildly dehydrated and his blood sugar was a little low so after a couple rounds of iv fluids, we were good to go home. He still didn't feel very well yesterday. He wouldn't take the bottle at all, and would only nurse a little. On top of the flu, he has had a cold for a couple of weeks and his top two teeth are starting to show. He is pretty much back to normal today though, a little fussy still, but I think a lot of it has to do with his teeth. Here's a pic from the hospital in his hospital gown with his iv. On a lighter note, he is obsessed with saying da da. I managed to get a video of it. He is still a champion backwards crawler. I think he's close but he hasn't made it forwards yet. He will go from a sitting position to his tummy if he wants to get a toy, but then scoots backward instead of forward. He also waved bye bye a couple of times the other night, but I haven't been able to get him to do it since. Bye for now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

He is so adorable. I wish I could be there so I could see him every day. You really do need to post more videos. I don't care if it's of stupid stuff (or nothing at all) he's my nephew and I don't get to see him. Videos are the next best thing. Give him a kiss for me! I love you guys! (Hi to Joe!)